- Contact Us
- Reservation Form
- Things To Do
Home has four (4) Bedrooms (all with king, queen, or full beds) plus a LaZBoy queen size sleeper sofa along with 3 Baths (Sleeps 13-18).
Beautiful 2,175 sq ft home which offers views of San Juan Mountains & Rio Grande National Forest. The Rio Grande River is just a block away. Near the Wolf Creek Ski Area, Pagosa Springs, Alamosa (Great Sand Dunes), Durango, the Historic Mining Town of Creede and the Headwaters of the Rio Grande River.
Home, nicknamed "The Wolves’ Den" because it allows families and friends to gather together, has Four (4) Bedrooms all with king, queen or full beds:
- The Master Bedroom (The Big Bad Wolf) is upstairs with its own private balcony. It offers a queen-size New Zealand Pine bed with a Pillow-top Mattress and gorgeous views of the area through the large window and door that opens onto a 200 sq ft private balcony where you often see the deer crossing from the mountains to the riverside. Room comes complete with its own mini-fridge and sitting area to enjoy your privacy in comfort or just gaze at the awesome views out your window and off your balcony. Room has a large walk-in closet and armoire settee for your convenience.
- One downstairs Bedroom is furnished with a new king-size mattress and a full-size futon bed/couch and a single bunk bed above. The room’s theme is “Dream Catcher” and offers a closet to store their gear and where you will find several queen and twin-size pillow-top air mattresses for sleeping up to five (5) more people.
- Also, downstairs is another room furnished with a new queen-size bed. The room’s theme is “Lions, Tigers, and Bears, Oh My!” and offers lots of drawer space & 2 closets for adults or children to store their gear.
- The Study upstairs (Uncle Franks’s room) has been furnished as the third bedroom with a full size futon bed/couch, dresser and night stand. It is small, but the view out the window is breathtaking.
- Downstairs comes complete with TV, VCR, and Satellite. There are many DVDs for your enjoyment along with books, games. For dining or playing cards and games, there are two tables and 12 chairs along with a computer desk complete with a computer.
- The living room area has a pellet burning fireplace with a LaZBoy queen-size sleeper sofa and two (2) gliders with footstools to prop up your feet and just enjoy the view out of the many windows or watch TV.
- The back deck has a propane BBQ grill and Fireplace sitting area with a view of the mountains and National Forest.
- The front deck offers a view of Del Norte peak and often deer. The Rio Grande River is straight ahead but just out of sight.
Call or Email Today to Reserve your Ideal Vacation and then start planning your trip toward our home located off the Silver Thread Scenic Byway (Hwy 149) where for 75 miles you can see breathtaking inspiring views of the San Juan Mountains (most highly mineralized in Colorado). You can visit the Historic Town of Creede and enjoy their quaint shops and dining and then travel the 16 mile Bachelor Mining Trail or attend the renowned Creede Repertory Theatre during the summer. Still feeling adventurous get back in your car for a short drive north on the Silver Thread Scenic Byway to the headwaters of the Rio Grande River and North Creek Falls. You can also head south from our home turning right unto Hwy 160W to Wolf Creek Pass for some winter sports, or horseback riding, or go over the mountain pass to Pagosa Springs to see Treasure Falls and for more quaint shops and dining. In South Fork, you will find all that you need for your stay; Rainbow Grocery for all your food and fishing needs, UBC Hardware, liquor, movie rentals, ski & snowmobiling rentals, some cute shops, and fine dining from steaks at Rock Away Cafe, great food open to the public at the Rio Grande Club at the golf course, enjoy the local international chefs at Wolf Den Restaurant or Swiss Chalet or enjoy more casual dining at the Hungry Logger and Brown’s Café. Let us know how we can help!
Satellite TVs, DVD/VCRs, Video and Book Library, pellet burning Fireplace, cordless Telephones, Large Open Kitchen completely equipped for a large family meal with a service for 14, Microwave, Refrigerator (iced mugs inside), Ice Maker, Dishwasher, Coffee Pot, Blender, cooking utensils, CD alarms, blow dryers, curling iron, iron and ironing board and all linens and blankets provided. Also includes Full size Washer, Dryer, Jacuzzi bath, and Gas BarBQ grill (propane not supplied). *** Regrets! No Smoking & No Pets!***
Activities (on site or nearby):
Hiking, Gold Medal Fishing, Wildlife Viewing, Exploring along the Rio Grande River and Mining Trails, Rock Climbing, Biking, Golfing, Hunting, Rafting, Horseback Riding, Shopping, Restaurants, Live Theatre, Museums, Bowling, Cinemas, Sightseeing, Downhill Skiing, Cross-Country Skiing, Snowmobiling, Sledding, and Bathing in the Hot Springs.